MEMPHIS, Tenn. – DeAndre Williams poured in 26 factors and Kendric Davis added 21 to steer the Memphis Tigers to an 86-77 victory over Temple Sunday morning at FedExForum.
The Tigers improved to 19-6 total and 9-3 in American Athletic Convention play to maneuver into second-place within the league standings.
Williams hauled in his eighth double-double of the yr with 26 factors and 12 rebounds, whereas additionally including a team-high six assists. Davis recorded 4 dimes and a game-high 4 steals to go together with his 21 factors. Elijah McCadden dropped 12 factors, seven rebounds and 4 assists. Jayden Hardaway added 12 factors on 5-of-6 taking pictures.
Memphis shot a season-high 56.7 p.c from the ground (34-60). It is the second-highest discipline purpose share for the Tigers during the last three seasons.
Temple (14-12, 8-5 AAC) was scorching within the early going, hitting a pair of triples to take a 10-5 benefit earlier than the Tigers reeled off an 11-2 run to go in entrance for good. Jayden Hardaway spearheaded the spurt with back-to-back 3-pointers.
With two minutes to play earlier than the break, Elijah McCadden drove the lane and completed a tricky shot on the rim to present Memphis a seven-point lead, its largest of the half. The Tigers went into the locker room up 36-33.
Williams carried the Tigers offense within the first 20 minutes, pouring in 17 factors on 7-of-10 taking pictures with six rebounds.
It did not take lengthy for the Tigers to get up within the second half. Kaodirichi Akobundu-Ehiogu related on a hookshot and Davis sank his first lengthy ball to spark an 8-0 run out of the locker room that rapidly stretched the result in double-digits.
A couple of minutes later Memphis grew its result in as many as 18 factors after a 9-0 run that noticed three Tigers get buckets in that span, however then it was Temple’s flip.
The Owls made six-straight baskets and pulled to inside 4 after a 16-2 run, however that may be as shut as they might get. Williams made back-to-back buckets after which assisted on the subsequent three makes to stretch the lead again out to 12 with lower than two minutes to play. Davis iced the sport on the line within the closing seconds to safe the 86-77 victory.
Temple was led by Khaliff Battle‘s 25 factors on 7-of-12 taking pictures.
Memphis returns to FedExForum on Thursday towards Central Florida at 7 p.m. on ESPN+ for the Teaching for Literacy Sport sponsored by Worldwide Paper. It is usually the Invoice Laurie celebration recreation the place 1,000 bobbleheads can be handed out on the gates.
The Tigers then hit the street for a much-anticipated matchup with No. 2 Houston subsequent Sunday at 2 p.m. on ESPN.
- Memphis used the beginning lineup of Kendric Davis, DeAndre Williams, Keonte Kennedy, Elijah McCadden and Kaodirichi Akobundu-Ehiogu for the eighth-straight recreation.
- The Tigers at the moment are 7-1 in these video games.
- Memphis has gained five-straight video games towards the Owls and now lead the all-time sequence 14-11.
- That features a 7-3 benefit in video games performed in Memphis.
- DeAndre Williams completed with a team-high 26 factors for the second-straight recreation, his fourth 20-point outing within the final seven.
- He eclipsed double-digits for the Twenty first-consectuve recreation and has now scored not less than 15 factors in 20 outings.
- His 12 rebounds give him 9 video games with double-digit boards.
- Williams shot 11-of-18 from the ground and 2-of-3 from lengthy distance.
- Kendric Davis ended the competition with 21points regardless of struggling from the ground within the first half.
- He has now scored 20-plus factors in nine-straight contests.
- That’s his 18th recreation of the season and 49th of his profession with 20-plus factors.
- He went 7-of-10 from the free throw line and drew a team-high eight fouls.
- Elijah McCadden continued his scorching streak with 12 factors 6-of-8 taking pictures.
- He’s taking pictures 65.5 p.c from the sector over his final 5 video games with three double-digit outings.
- He pulled down seven boards, giving him 6.0 rebounds per recreation during the last 5.
- He additionally tied his season-high with 4 assists.
- Jayden Hardaway recorded his third recreation of double-digit scoring (12) during the last 5 with 12 factors.
- The Tigers outscored the Owls 48-28 within the paint and 24-12 off turnovers.
- Memphis dished 15 assists and solely turned the ball over 9 occasions. It is the third straight recreation with fewer than 10 miscues after solely have one such recreation the remainder of the season.
- The Tigers shot 8-of-18 from deep (44.4%) and 10-of-16 on the stripe (62.5%).
- Memphis led for 31:32 and scored 50 factors within the second half.
The way to observe the Tigers: For full data on Memphis Tiger Males’s Basketball, go to www.GoTigersGo.com and observe the group’s social media channels on Twitter, Instagram and Fb.